Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Kit Makeover: Riding Fun

One of my favorite things to do is to take an original layout and use it as a jumping off point to create something fun. When I saw our newest page kit, Riding Fun, I got really excited. When I think of riding, I remember a few of my childhood friends who loved horses and would ride at every opportunity. I am reminded of their riding clothing which was often full of sparkly rhinestones, but were tough and feminine at the same time. I wanted to try to bring that feel into this layout with a few simple additions of lace and gems.

Before I show you the additions, let's take a peek at the original. 


Original Riding Fun Layout
I love this layout so much! It's super cute as is, but wait until you see the changes.

Riding Fun Layout with Embellishment Additions
I love the completed look! These simple changes with just a couple of items achieves a great look without changing too much about the layout. And these changes only took a few minutes! Below you'll find some close-ups of the changes.

Left page with personalization
I don't know many show riders who ride without rhinestones, so I had to find a way to add some to the rider on this layout. I had some tiny black gems that I thought would look great as boot studs and a belt buckle. I love that they are subtle, but sparkly.

When I saw the layout I knew I wanted to incorporate lace in some way. I picked up this lace trim from a local fabric store and it is the perfect addition for these page kits. It's delicate, but it doesn't overwhelm the photo mats or the layout.

Right Side with Personalization

The small rhinestones on these horseshoes add a little extra sparkle to the layout and make the horseshoes look a little more realistic at a distance.

I love this stable, and I saw an opportunity to add a little jute to the layout to look like a rope.

I simply wrapped the rope up and tied it off with thin brown jute. It is held to the layout with a brad and some glue dots. 
I really love how this layout turned out. The changes are simple and don't overwhelm the layout, but they add a lot to it. This is now perfect for those photos of your favorite horse riders! 

No comments: