Thursday, September 13, 2018

Add a little DRAMA!

You've heard me say it many times - when we design a page kit, we've got a few different customers in mind. There's the brand new scrapbooker. She's excited to get going, but just doesn't quite know where to start or what her personal style will develop into. There's our busy bee. She may have been scrapbooking for a while, but, man, life is crazy. She just can't fit it in right now. For these two ladies, our page kits can be a huge help! Just pick out your theme, assemble it, and add your photos - TA DA! You can get a whole album done in one day! 

Original Drama Page Kit

Then there's my personal favorite - probably because I identify with her so much - she's crafty and creative, but she's practical and time/cost conscious. She loves scrapbooking, but either doesn't have the space/time/money to transform a whole room in her house, or doesn't have the desire to buy every new gadget when there might be a better way. She can take our page kit and use it as her starting point - the hard work has been done, she can have the fun! And this has become my favorite challenge - to take our kits and revamp them (sometimes in big ways and sometimes with subtlety) into a layout that is both personal and beautiful. And that's what I've done with this week's new BONUS kit!

I loved the look of this original Drama kit, but I wanted to add just a few little personal touches to really add the DRAMA! 😉 Look how cute it turned out!
Personalized Drama Kit

The best part about this revamp is that it used just a few items from my personal stash and it only took a couple minutes! Here's a quick breakdown of the additions:

Add some simple curtains with cardstock and ribbon!

To me, the stage isn't "The Stage" without the big, red curtains, so I knew I needed to find a way to add some in. I decided adding some curtains to the photo mats would be the perfect way! I used less than a 4x12 of crimson cardstock and I simply freehand cut one curtain and then used that one to trace the others! Then, I grabbed this great, sheer black ribbon, and tied it around each curtain side, finishing it with a bow. Isn't it perfect?

Jeweled spotlight and stars make this page kit pop!

When I think of the stage, sparkly, bright lights come to mind, so I knew I had to find a way to get some glam in there. Sparkly gems to the rescue! I have a big container of random sized clear gems, so I pulled that out and began experimenting. I chose large gems to put in the center of each star so I could spread out some of the sparkle throughout the page. Then, I decided these spotlights needed a little work. I made a little pile of random sized gems and started moving them around on the beam until I found an arrangement that looked right. I used the largest ones on the bottom and, as I moved up, I transitioned to smaller and smaller gems and spread them out a little more. I just love this jewel-encrusted spotlight!

With just these few extra additions and only a couple creative minutes, I had a page kit that pumped up the Drama and makes me super happy! What would you do to make this great kit your own?

No comments: