Saturday, September 8, 2018

Kit Expansion Project!

One of my favorite things to do with our kits is stretch the layouts to multiple pages or projects. They're often so jam-packed with cardstock and die cuts that it's easy to do! Our newest Kit of the Week, Play the Day Away, was the perfect page kit to expand! I ended up getting 3 pages easily - and I probably could have gotten 4! We'll look at the simple changes, but here's the original kit:


Play the Day Away Layout

It's adorable, isn't it?!? I love the mix of playground equipment and the fact that it looks like an actual park! BUT, I've never been to the park with my kid and took only 4 photos. So I definitely needed to stretch this kit out to add more photo mats. With these great primary colors, adding cardstock was super-simple, and I love how it turned out. 
Expanded Play the Day Away Layout
The project was very simple. I matched the background and grass colors and added a full 12 x 12 of the light blue and a 4 x 12 of the green to create the center page. I loved the idea of the park, so I kept the background of the left and right pages the same - with the trees on the edges. My primary goal was to add more photos, so I rearranged the existing mats and added 3 more. I also wanted to pull in a little more color, so 1 added mat was red and the other two were a bright blue that I matched to the primary blue color in the title. After that, I rearranged the playground equipment and title until I loved the look and adhered! Isn't it cute! A few pieces of basic cardstock and it looks like it was made to be expanded! 
Here are a few closer shots of each page and our Facebook Video explaining the process.

New Left Page. I moved the title from this page to make more photo space, added a couple photo mats and rearranged the playground equipment.

Added Center Page. I added a 12 x 12 of light blue cardstock and a 4 x 12 of green for the grass. The title, photo mats, and playground equipment were moved from the outside pages to create this additional one!
New Right Side Page. Moving the large playground equipment made room for this additional photo mat!



 We love the new look of this expanded page kit! What do you think? Would you add another page and more photos? Change them around? How would you make this layout your own? Let us know in the comments! And don't forget to pick up Play the Day Away today. Happy Scrapping!

No comments: