Tuesday, January 29, 2019

13 Ways to Personalize your Page Kit. #12: Pockets!

It's time for installment #12 of 13 Ways to Personalize your Page Kit! If you've missed our previous posts, you can find them here (123, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11). We're almost to our big number 13! Why 13? Down Memory Lane turns 13 this year and we're finding lots of ways to celebrate. Along with weekly and monthly deals throughout the month of January (check them out on our Facebook page!), we're releasing 13 brand new page kits and doing a blog series on 13 ways to personalize them - 1 post for each of the years we've been blessed to be a part of your memory keeping. 

Our 12th option is one that I commonly use because it's so quick and easy. I also love it because I usually have extras that I want to keep - extra photos, notes, tickets, brochures, etc - but I don't want to put them on the main layout. Creating a simple pocket makes a space for them without cutting out any of the layout's design! 

Personalization Option #12: Pockets!

Before we get to the changes, let's look at the page kit we're highlighting today:
Original Swim Layout
As is often the case for me with sports layouts, I always have more than photos that I want to keep. I probably border on ridiculous, but I keep programs, schedules, stats, newspaper clippings, and various other momentos from the season. I used to struggle with what to do with all of those, but creating pockets has worked wonders for me!

I almost feel a little weird doing an entire blog post on this because it's so simple to do, but it really changes the game for me with scrapbooking. The best part is that all you need is a page kit and some adhesive. 

What I usually do is take a look a the layout and assess where I can create pockets. Sometimes, if there is a large die cut, I can put a pocket behind it, but most of the time, I just use the photo mats. The photos will be placed on the top, and then the momentos can be placed - hidden - behind the photo mat in the pocket. 

Once you've chosen your photo mat, you'll just need to put adhesive on three sides (leaving the top open). I try to put the glue as close to the edges as possible to leave the most pocket space.



When you've got your adhesive on the mat, you just place that mat where you would have placed your photo mat and voila! You've got a pocket! Now you've got somewhere to place those special things you want to save but don't want to feature.

Swim page with pocket

The great part is that it doesn't change the layout and you'd never know it was there! 
Swim layout with pocket - keepsake inside

Swim layout with pocket - keepsake showing

As I said, it's ridiculously simple! But that doesn't mean it's not fabulous! We've got one more personalization option coming in the next few days as we round out the first month of this new year. Catch up on those previous posts and come back for installment #13!

No comments: