|Click to download for FREE!|
- It's very relaxing and has been shown to calm your mind
- It's a great stress reliever
- Allows for you to sit side-by-side with your child or teen and complete a very low-key activity together.
- It requires minimal supplies; you might not even have to make a single purchase! Color with anything you have at home - pencils, markers, etc. You can download coloring pages online and print at home or purchase special coloring books for a small cost.
- Coloring is a great way to express your creativity without complications!
|Click here to see the full article.|
Many of the designs features elements of Zentangle. What the heck is that? As described on their website (Zentangle.com), "The Zentagle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns." What's even better is that practicing it can bring you lots of advantages health-wise. For example, the site lists the following benefits (and more):
- Relief for insomnia (when done near bedtime)
- Improved hand/eye coordination
- Anger management
- Diet aide
- A way to increase your attention span and improve ability to concentrate
If you're looking to make an investment into markers that will do double-duty for both coloring and scrapbooking/crafting, I really recommend going all-in on a set. Some great brands include: Zig, Ranger (Tim Holtz), Copic, and American Crafts. A variety of markers and pens are on sale online here and here. Your decision should be based upon what you plan to use the markers for in crafting as the ink will differ. For example, Copic markers are a little more spendy but are far superior to other markers when it comes to blending and coloring stamped images because they are made with alcohol-based dye ink. Conversely, American Crafts makes a Slick Writer pen that works absolutely amazingly for writing on slick surfaces like the backs of photos, vellum, glossy paper, and more. These pens use a quick-dry dye ink and wouldn't work at all for blending! If you want to read a little more about the differences in ink-types, I found this article online and it's pretty helpful! Be sure to email me with any marker-related questions or comment below. I know it can be a tad overwhelming and complicated sometimes!
No matter what coloring medium you choose, I'm sure you'd enjoy this hot hobby! In fact, it seems like this might be just the thing for me. What about you? Are you ready to start coloring again?
I hope you've enjoyed today's topic. Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!