Happy October! Did you know that this month is Breast Cancer Awareness month? But really, what does that mean? According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, the purpose is "to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same." I'm sure a lot of us have been personally touched by the disease. Perhaps you are a survivor or you know someone who is. Or you know someone fighting hard to win the battle right now....
This month we are supporting the cause by offering a very special scrapbook page kit and several diecut options. These items are available now on our website, www.downmemorylncreations.com, in the Cancer Awareness category. For the month of October, 10% of the proceeds of the items in this category will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
|Hope 2-page 12x12 Scrapbook Pagekit|
|For the Cure Diecut Set (unassembled)|
|Pink Awareness Ribbon Diecut |
Update: 10/02/15 - JUST ADDED!
|Fight Like a Girl Title|
Think of the beautiful possibilities....rememberinga friend or family member who's fighting or has lost the battle with breast cancer. Creating a lovely card to inspire someone close and provide encouragement and hope. Using them to create a home decor piece or including on a school project for your children.
Be sure to check out our Pinterest board, "Fight Like a Girl" for 'pinkalicious' treats, decor, quotes & sayings, scrapbooking/card ideas and more!
-------------------------------------------------------We love to support organizations that promote giving. Here are some companies with offers this Pinktober.
- Yoplait yogurt - Are you like me? I pack a Yoplait yogurt in my lunch bag nearly everyday! To take advantage of their donation program, save your lids and enter the code online.
- KitchenAid - The "Cook for the Cure" program actually has a couple different options. The easiest one, of course, is just to buy one of their featured PINK products. Included are a Stand Mixer and a Blender; each is available in either bright pink or light pink. Put this on your christmas list and have your significant other snag a pink one this October! KitchenAid also raises money with the 'Pass the Plate' option. This one is fun! Buy one of the limited edition serving plates and pass it to a friend. Each time the dish is passed and registered, they donate $5.
- Caribou Coffee - A company after my own heart. I LOVE my coffee! Check out their exclusive line of Amy's Blend coffee and accessories. Tumblers, bracelets, coffee sleeves, stationary, mugs and, of course, coffee! You can read more about the background on this cool collection by learning Amy's story here.
- Kohls - In partnership with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, www.bcrfcure.org, Kohls offers a variety of jewelry. A proceeds of the sale of this line are donated. There are lots of beautiful options: earrings, bracelets, and key chains.
- ShopKomen - This site offers fun & fashionable products all year round. Their slogan? Purchase with a purpose to end breast cancer forever. They have everything from clothing to jewelry to home decor to office supplies. A minimum of 15% of the purchase price of each item is donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Shopping for a cure sounds like a good idea to me!
|Feel free to share this graphic on Social Media!|