Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Page Kit to Card Kit Day 2 Details

Welcome back! I hope you're enjoying our page kit to card kit project.  As promised, we'll share the details on the remaining TWO cards and TWO gift tags.  If you're loving this idea, be sure to pick up your "Celebrate" kit before it sells out!

Keep reading for the Day 2 details on our project!
 
As a reminder, here's the Page Kit we're using to create our cards and tags.  Yep, just this kit plus a few papercrafting items and you're ready to rock n roll!
"Celebrate" 12x12 Scrapbook Page Kit

Card 5 - Hope Your Day Rocks


This one is probably my favorite! I used a fun trick that I learned from Down Memory Lane's owner, Joanne.  It's an easier way to create a shaped card since the entire card doesn't need to be a fancy shape, just the background piece! The kit comes with a 4.25x4.25 inchs callop square piece in brown and that's what I used for the background.  Then I layered a square of blue cardstock on top of that (3.75x3.75 inches).  Finally, using a trimmed down white card base (7 x 3.5 inches; then fold in half), I create the card piece.

Here's the card opened up. Cute!

 I used a small strip of the patterned paper to accent the card front and to create a little candle.  I again freehand cut the flame (you could also use a leaf punch or diecut shape).  If you like dimensional cards, you can pop up the frosting on the cupcake and the candle/flame piece like I did.  Reminder: These mini 3-D foam squares are awesome! The sentiment is from the "BeBoppin" stamp set as are the music note stamps.  I thought they added a fun touch.  If you have colored inks at home it would be neat to stamp the notes in various colors!


Additional Supplies:
Cardstock -White Smooth (card base)
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa 
Sponge - Yellow Synthetic or Make-up wedge 
Stamps - Hope Your Day Rocks & Music Notes from "BeBoppin" by Paper Smooches


Card 6 - Happy Everything


For this card I used one of my favorite button techniques.  More on that to come! This is another standard A2 shaped card (8.5 x 4.25, then fold in half) and I used one of our White Card Bases.  On the front part, though, I trimmed off an inch so that I could add the scallop detail.  The scallop borders included in the kit were too wide so I trimmed it thinner.  I adhered it underneath the front to create a scallop overhang.  To create the top banner, I used small scraps of the cardstocks and patterned paper.  For the flag-shapes, use a rectangle piece and then snip in from the edges to the middle on one side.  For the triangle shapes, use a rectangle or square then cut diagonally from one edge to the center of the opposite side - repeat.  With the sentiment, I had a "happy accident".  I intended to stamp it directly on the white front, but I had some issues and it didn't turn out.  Shoot! But it was easily fixed by stamping on another bit of white and then fussy-cutting around it.  I popped it up for some added detail.  Note: I used a 1x5.5 inch strip of the patterned paper on the inside of the card.  You can "cheat" this detail as it appears from the front that the entire inside of the card is in the pattern.  It's actually useful though to only use a strip because then you have space to write on the inside on the white!

Lovely layers and a super fun button bow!
I love this button technique for cards & tags, especially holiday ones! Just take whatever thread/twine you want and pull it through opposite holes on the button (from the back).  Knot in front and then tie a bow.  Use the same technique you would to tie your shoelaces.  You can tweak it by pulling the loops and loose ends until you have it just right.  Then just snip the excess thread/twine off.  Darling, right?!


Additional Supplies:
Cardstock -White Smooth (card base)
Bakers Twine - American Crafts (Similar)
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa 
Sponge - Yellow Synthetic or Make-up wedge 
Stamps - Happy Everything from "Simply Said" by Paper Smooches













Gift Tags 1 & 2 























Do you ever make your own gift tags? I do, but mostly at Christmas time.  I had some "leftovers" after doing my cards so I thought 'why not make some tags?'.  These are great for attaching to packages or gift bag handles.  Another option is to use plain gift bags and decorate the front with these tags or even a card front.  Great idea, right?  

For the left tag, I used one of the ribbon/flag pieces included in the kit as the tag base.  I cut a circle in white using the Silhouette and then trimmed a piece of cardstock and patterned paper to accent the tag.  Create a hole using your office punch and tie a little loop of bakers twine for easy attachment to your gift!  I used the "Alphadot" stamp set for the gift recipient area. 

For the right tag, I used a scrap of white for the base.  It's a simple rectangle, but I rounded the bottom two corners to give it a unique look. I incorporated the other ribbon/flag piece and overlapped it with a skinny strip of blue and a thicker piece of the pattern paper.  I had one green button left so I stuck that baby on the tag with some mini glue dots. Another hole and a loop of yellow bakers twine to complete the top.  For the sentiment, I used the "Retail Therapy" stamp set accented by some tiny flowers (also on that set).  Voila! Two simple tags complete!

Additional Supplies:
Cardstock -White 8.5 x 11 Smooth (leftover for tag)
Bakers Twine - American Crafts (Similar)
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa 
Sponge - Yellow Synthetic or Make-up wedge 
Stamps -   "T", "O" and Dots from "Alphadot" by Paper Smooches
                A Gift for You & Mini Flower from "Retail Therapy" by Paper Smooches
Corner Rounder - Fiskars Squeeze Punch
Standard Hole Punch (office supply)
Silhouette Cameo (to cut circle)



Please comment and let us know if you enjoyed this project and give us ideas for card themes you'd like to see in the future!  Thanks for visiting our Blog and happy crafting!

No comments: